Winter getaways are definitely the best reprise from our harsh winter months. Tropical islands and Asian destinations; a stress relief that we so greatly need after being stuck in the house during cold, dark months of the year. However, have you ever returned back from an amazing holiday feeling worse than when you left? Did you experience traveler's diarrhea or digestive issues during or after the trip? There’s a high probability you may have contracted some undesirable pathogens from water or food consumed in these foreign destinations.
Having a parasite can be a scary thought, but you're not alone. Parasites are far more common than you’d think and can be contracted a number of ways. First, parasites can enter your body through contaminated food and water. Undercooked meat and unclean or contaminated fruits and vegetables, are common places for parasites to hide. Some parasites can even enter the body by traveling through the bottom of your feet.
We see them every day in Live blood cell testing. Parasites can cause a myriad of symptoms, only a few of which are actually digestive in nature.
In live blood cell microscopy, we zoom in to your blood using a high powered microscope. We can see numerous types of issues burdening your body, however, we find a high amount of us are carrying these parasites. The type I'm referring to are tiny organisms seen microscopically, usually environmental worms, that feed off of your nutrition. Some consume your food, leaving you hungry after every meal and unable to gain weight. Others feed off of your red blood cells, causing anemia and B12 deficiencies. Some lay eggs that can cause itching, bloating, pains, irritability, and even insomnia. If you have tried countless approaches to heal your gut and relieve your symptoms, without success, a parasite could be the underlying cause of many of your unexplained and unresolved symptoms.
The signs of a parasite can often appear unrelated and unexplained. There are MANY different types of parasites that we are exposed to in our environments. Many are also capable of changing the fluid balance in your gut and causing symptoms of disease.
Once a person is infected with a parasite, it's very easy to pass it along. If you have a parasite and don't wash your hands after using the restroom, you can easily pass microscopic parasite eggs onto anything you touch — the door handle, the desk, your phone, or anyone you touch. It's also very easy to contract a parasite when handling animals. Hand washing is a major opportunity to prevent parasite contamination and transmission. Traveling overseas is another way that foreign parasites can be introduced to your system. If you consumed any contaminated water during your travels, you may have acquired a parasite of some kind.